Friday, June 4, 2010

Weeks 34-37 - A Girl w/ Her own Agenda!

Week 34

Child birth Classes begin! (Well, they began while we were in Florida so we started on the second class). It was fun - very informative. We learned about dilating and the stages of labor.

We had an uneventful Dr. appointments. I was tested for Strep B or something and it came back Negative so no worries for when baby is born and having to take antibotics. My husband was worried I'd have Natalie soon therefore when Dr. asked if there were any questions my heart starts racing because I never know what will come out of my husbands mouth. Well, this time it was, "How do you know Jana isn't going to have this baby tomorrow" Well, my Dr. says, "Lets just see" Next thing I know - I'm being checked! OMG. Seriously, M?! Ha. Dr. says, "This baby isn't coming today or tomorrow!" I was closed up and doing just fine. So, thanks baby!

Week 35

Child birth class was about how to relieve pain - using medicine or natural remedies. Well, that night I had a dream I was in extreme pain. Lower back pain, mentrual cramps it was horrible and I was begging for an epidural. Well, I woke up from the dream and was in that real pain. It was horrible. I swore I was in labor. After many trips to the bathroom, I layed back down and said if I go back to sleep and it doesn't stop we are goign to the dr. Well, I woke up the next morning and I was fine. So, I wasn't sure what that was!



Another SHOWER! My sweet Aunt Gigi gave me the sweetest shower! It was just perfect, words couldn't describe how great it was to be apart of a feel good shower!! This shower was mostly my family and my mom's bunco group. The ladies that have been around since I was just a baby. I got some awesome things, like a bathtime spa tub for Natalie, the little lamb craddle swing (the one Kendra & Kourtney both have) and some really exquisite dresses and blankets. Marcos came to this shower and was in charge of taking pictures. He did an OK job, lol - considering his photos focused on everyone who was at the shower and what they were doing.

Week 36

                                                            3 Year Anniversary!!!

Marcos and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary early on Tuesday instead of Thursday because I wanted to eat at the Melting Pot for our anniversary and it is located in New Orleans. Once again, we were back in New Orleans for our anniversary. Ergh, I must say I am getting tired for celebrating in New Orleans but his job is like clock work and there we were back in New Orleans cause he had WORK. But this time, I was goign to plan better and choose a place I wanted to go to really bad- the Melting Pot. Ever since I saw photos of it, I knew I had to go.

It started off great the rough then great. Ha. We stayed at the Sheraton on Canal...that was a plus! BUT I spent all evening at my house figuring out what I wanted to wear on our 3yr anniversary being pregnant and all and what Marcos was going to wear. I finally came out with something and had it laid out. We got to the hotel and I asked, where are the clothes that were on the hanger. Marcos was puzzled. OMG! We left the clothes at the house. I was so irritated. Totally sulked and pouted and acted like a brat and laid on the bed not wanting to go the Melting Pot. I finally got over my funk but I didn't take time to do my hair or makeup because I was mad.

We arrived at the Melting Pot and all my madness left. It was awesome. More the I expected. I had only wished then that I had taken time to do my makeup and hair instead of pouting. But oh well. The food was fabulous and my smile came back on my face and Marcos and I had a great time.

                                                       36 Week Appointment
My weekly Dr. appointments begin. I was really excited about my weekly appointment. I was bracing myself for being checked because now she checks you weekly for progress. Well, I was just check at week 34 because of my darling husband's concerns and there was no progress. This time it was different. Dr. says, "Wow, I can feel the head" and "You are dilated 1 centimeter!" I couldn't believe. I was really excited. But, I know you can stay at 1 centimeter forever and it didn't really mean anything. However, I have been praying that when I go into labor I want to be atleast 4 centimeters, so I can get an epidural ASAP.

Last Child birth class that night was after birth and how to take care of your body and what to expect.

Week 37

                             Holy Moly - 3 Centimeters!
We had our Dr. appointment Thursday and to our surprise, I was now at 3 centimeters. Again, PRAISE the Lord! I'm determined to have a "pain free" childbirth and by doing that I'm counting on the Lord to get me to 4 centimeters or more with out feeling and then once the water breaks I go in and get my epidural and be one happy, free from pain momma! =) So far... so good!

The Dr. talked about inducing and Marcos and I have mixed feelings about this. I really believe at the rate I am going at she will come on her own. Dr. had given us the dates June 15,16 or 17. I had mentioned the 20th but that was a Sunday (Father's Day) and she said No, but the 22nd.

Marcos' parents leave Brazil on the 17th and arrive here on Friday the 18th at 945AM. I had really wanted his mom to be apart of the whole birthing experience. In Brazil, C-sections are the norm. Everyone has C-sections. His parents are reminded every day they I am not scheduled for a C-section on the 21st. They seem to forget this every day. Ha.

So, we've decided to tell the Dr. we will be induced on the 22nd if she has not made it on her own by then. This way she either comes on her own before the Rodrigues' get her or she could come on the 20th Father's Day if she chooses. But for sure she will be her on the 22nd and if is induced on that day I will be 40 weeks and she should be ready come anyways. The Rodrigues' will be apart of it too! How exciting. So as of right now, Marcos has me on bed rest. LoL. He doesn't want me lifting a finger or walking because he wants Natalie to sit tight a little longer. We shall see...

1 comment:

Cintia Listenbee said...

How cute!!! I love all the pics and what a great update! I know you must be super excited to be at the 'any day now' stage. I'm praying for the birth experience of your dreams!!!