Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday!

Greetings Friends & Family!

It's 10:04 on June 16th 2011 and in less then 14 hours I'll have a beautiful, healthy, smart and super sweet 1 year old! Oh how the time flies! I had hoped to keep blogging every month Natalie was here but I personally feel that my time was too valuable during the day to keep up with it and at night I was too tired or had something better to do! =)

(--Natalie just woke up and M and I are laying back here in our bedroom as he cradles her and I type away. We will put her back in her crib in about an hour. I think she can feel the excitement of her big day! - ha)

So tonights blog will give you a recap in the eyes of Natalie's first year in this whole new world!

Dear Bloggers - Readers - Followers and what nots,

As my mom stated earlier I was born on Thursday, June 17 2010@ 12:57pm. From that moment on I captured the hearts of everyone around me - especially my mommy and meu papai! There was a lot of crying. I bet you are thinking I was the cry baby - no, I wasn't  - it was my momma! She cried all the way home from the hospital in disbelief that I was her beautiful baby. I kept hearing her tell daddy that it was "happy tears". My goodness she cried happy tears the enitre way home from the hospital and I think for the whole 1st month of my life. She must have been really happy!

I ate alot! Every 30mins I was hungry. I bonded with my mommy because she was the only one who could feed me. If I cried - I got her. It was great - I learned I could always lean on her when I needed something - especially food. The first month really wasn't too exciting as I slept and ate and really wasn't sure what else I was suppose to do. I had so many visistors and my great granny kept telling my momma that she was letting to many people hold me too much. My momma said she didn't mind everyone holding me- because she believed you could never hold a baby too much. This might have been a considered a downfall for them because - I did end up liking it alot and never wanted to be put down. =)

At 4wks (July 16) - @ 1 month I was weighing 6lbs 11oz. I had discovered my voice and would coo all the time. Everyone was pretty impressed that I could already lift my head up from lying on my stomach. My dr. said it was probably bc I was so little that it wasn't much I was lifting. I'd like to believe it was just how strong I was. I started going out. I went to Nonnie's house alot, my Aunt Merle, Museum of Natural Science, El Potrillo, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, TJ Max & Olive Garden. I made friends with Ethan Bradley, Will Duncan and Max Nicholson. They were all in love with me - go figure! ;)

At 9 weeks (Aug 20) - @ 2 months I was weighing 8lbs 11oz. Yup .. 2 lbs in one month! I started sleeping in my swing and would sleep up to 6 hours at night. I started eating less - about every 3 hours. I discovered my thumb and would suck it for a second until I missed my mouth and got poken in my eye. Then I'd scream. I was working hard on hand coordination. On August 21st, I had my first bath without screaming. I realized I wasn't going to drown and the water was warm and I liked the feeling of being fresh and so clean! I finally got to go visit my Aunt Dana at her house! My Aunt Priscila from Brazil came to see me too. I was planning on getting dedicated that month however something really sad happened. My mommy and everyone around me was really sad and said that my Aunt Lisa was called home to be with Jesus. I wasn't really sure why they's be so sad about getting to see the big guy - Jesus. I mean, I know all about Him. He formed and fashioned me in my momma's womb. I entered into this world filled with the Holy Spirit - people that stop my momma tell her, "look at that holy ghost smile or that is one sweet spirited little girl - so pure"! I'm sure they were happy she got to see Jesus but just wished they could have both Jesus and Aunt Lisa together. I'll get to see her again oneday so that makes me happy.

At 13 weeks (Sept 17) - @ 3 months I was 10lbs 7oz. I was really loving life. I could laugh out loud and it was awesome. On Oct 13 , I finally figure out how to roll over one way - from my stomach to my back . I got to go the the MS state fair and smell all the yummy food that my momma kept saying I'd get to eat next year. I can't wait. That elephant ear is so mine. I mastered my fussy frustrated sounds and also could squeal with delight. My momma said I could say, "aaaa-acm". =) Yea, that's me - don't be jealous!

At 17 weeks (Oct 17) @ 4th month I was 11lbs 8oz.  I was sleeping good - waking up at 2am and 4 am. My cousin Fairley Lola Dean was born on the 27th. She was really cute. I love her! I finally mastered the other way to roll - back to tummy. I got my first bad cold that the dr. had to give me medicine. It helped me breathe better!

@ 5 months (Nov. 21) I weighed 13lbs! I could tuck my knees under and push. I had started my army crawl. Meu papai loved when I started saying, "Da - Da - Da". It had a cool ring to it and I got a lot of attention from papai so I did all the time. :)

12-03: slept from 8pm - 845am.
12-05: Say Da Da
12-09: Discovered my hands
12-18: crawled ONCE! ;)
12-23: An official scooter!
I must say I was on a roll that month!

@ 6 months (Dec. 20) I weighed 14lbs and 1 oz. My mommy said I couldn't be stopped. I could go anywhere I had my mind set on. I crawled every where and it was a blast. I also turned into a SuPeRMoDeL. Yes, a SUPERMODL. Well, I know I'm beautiful but that is not the reason why. It was my new pose. The "side pose". You see when I crawled and was finished, I couldn't really sit up. So I'd strike my pose. When I finished scooting I'd stop and lean on my side. No worries people - we've got tons of photos of this. I gained an entire Brazilian community and recieved my passport for my future trip to Brazil.

@ 7 months (Jan. 17, 2011) - 15lbs 2 oz. I was still waking up through the night because I was teething really bad. I had been teething since around 4months but now my teeth were getting ready to break through! I was now taking some formula during the day and only using my mom in the morning and at night. I finally started eating baby foods.  It wasn't that my parents hadn't tried - they tried I just didn't like it. Now I was eating more chunkier foods and just skipped the whole puree thing. I started clapping my hands all the time. I'd clap my hands and mommy and daddy would cheer! Well, because of their reaction I did atleast a 100 times a day! They'd even sing, "Parabens!" which is Happy Birthday in portuguese! Not only did I start clapping but I could do the big girl crawl. Crawling off my tummy and sitting up without support. I also starting pulling up, like in my crib! My newest cousin arrived too - Jordan Leigh and I was so impressed with all that dark hair. You see - I was born with no hair! I also had my first case of the stomach bug. It was gross but didn't last long!

@ 8 months - 16lbs (Feb 17) My two bottom teeth broke through. My mommy and daddy officially put me in my crib. You see I had been sleeping with them in their bed. How did this happen? My argument was this: God created everything - humans and animals. Well, when animals are born their parents don't go put them in other trees or far away from them - do they?! Nope, they cuddle their babies and keep them right by their side. So that's what I preferred. I had just entered this world so why would they want me away from them? I couldn't understand that and they couldn't either. They loved me right by their side and I loved being right there with them. But now I was a big girl. No longer needing mommy- finally on formula 24/7 and had 2 teeth! I was ready for my bed.

@ 9 months - 16lbs 7oz (Mar. 20) I was a great sleeper. I was laid down in my crib around 7pm and wouldn't even cry. Why would I need to cry it out? I was tired and I was used to bedtime. I knew it was time to sleep and I was ready. I met my friend Ethan Frontiera at a soccer game. My momma and his mommy are good friends. They were pregant around the same time but Ethan was born in March! Our daddies play soccer together and they had come down for a tournament. I had started standing alone and trying to walk but just couldn't get the nerve to take a step.

We finally put my passport to use and  I took a big trip to brazil to visit my Vovo and Vov^o! It was really hot in brazil but I loved all the attention I was getting. I was even dedicated in Brazil and had my 1st Easter in Brazil. I went from being SuperModel striking poses to a Celebrity getting cheers and claps and people wanting to shake my hand. I'm thinking I need to get an agent? Tio and Tia were trying to teach me to walk and I took my first steps in Brazil!

@ 10 month - 17lbs 2oz (Apr 20) I'm an offical walker! I can walk everywhere I want. I'm still wobbly and have fallen. When I fall my mommy gets scared and even cries sometimes with me. She prays immediately for my falls and that my bruises leave me swiftly. And Praise God - they do! =)
@ 11 months - 18lbs (May 17) I visited my friend Ethan in Chattanooga. It was a blast. We stayed up way past our bed times. At food all day long and played with his dog Sam. I was really sad to leave me. My two top teeth started breaking through. You can feel them but can't see them quite yet.

And TODAY - June 17, 2011 I am now 12months old!! =) I've made it a full year in the life and so far I love it. God gave me incredible parents that tend to my every need. They love me unconditionally and that is all that matters. Tomorrow is my BIG Party and I can't wait to eat some cake - a cupcake to be exact! Also, my 2 front teeth are becoming more visible! I guess I'll see everyone tomorrow for my PaRtY!

Bless Out!
Natalie

2 comments:

Sara said...

This made me tear up Jana. Y'all really are wonderful parents and I'm learning a lot from you. Happy Birthday to sweet Natalie!

RODRIGUES' said...

Thanks Sara! =)She is my world!