Thursday, November 5, 2009

Week 7 - Hallelujah!!




Last night I couldn't sleep at all. I woke up at 2am to go potty and couldn't go back to sleep until 5AM. Once I fell asleep I was woken up again at 6 15am because Marcos was up getting ready for work. It's only natural to feel as anxious I did after going through the things I went through this time last year. The outpouring of support - happiness  - joy - prayers for this pregnancy has been so overwhelming. I feel like I'm the most blessed pregnant one out in the world at the moment due to all the cards, phone calls, emails and prayers. With all this being said there was a calming around 8am - a supernatural peace - a peace that surpasses all understanding. The last 7 weeks this baby has been covered in so much prayer and love that God's word wasn't coming back void - God's word has taken preminence over this pregnancy, our baby, Marcos and I and I know God will see me through it til the very end. This is the confidence we have our Great Lord.

Marcos picked me up a 9AM and we ate breakfast at ChickFila and then headed to the appointment. As she called my name - butterflies entered my stomach. Marcos and I entered the hallway were Dr. Moses and Nurse Kristy was there saying, "We are so excited for you guys! Congratulations - When we heard the news we couldn't help but be so excited." It was so sweet hearing this from my Dr. and of course Marcos was grinning from ear to ear.

They drew my blood - got my weight - and sent me to the sonogram room. As I sat in the room I was filled with so many emotions - what were we going to see? what were we going to hear? this all seemed surreal. The sonogrammer says, "Look at that we got a sweet little baby right here momma". It was incredible... I look over at Marcos his crying happy tears.. I am crying happy tears and our sonogrammer is crying happy tears at this point. She goes on  to say, "let's hear the heart beat" and then came the "showoshshowoshshowosh" 154 heart rate and strong she goes on to say. It was an incredible moment for us. The sonogrammer was the sweetest girl - she was so excited for us, I thought she might have could been in our family cause she seemed so comfortable talking to us and expressing such strong emotions for us and this "sweet baby" on the screen. I'm sure she was an Angel  sent in to show us our first little living miracle from God - "Baby Shiloh". That is what I am going to call this baby right now - "Baby Shiloh" it means peaceful, God's gift. It fits perfect because he/she is definitley a gift and has brought me much peace from the moment I read the words, "pregnant".

So today we are rejoicing... This is the Day that the Lord has made!! Thank You God for the gift of life.

3 comments:

Cintia Listenbee said...

How sweet! Congratulations, you are in my prayers!!!

Sara said...

Keep up that faith talking! Congratulations on your sweet Shiloh.

RODRIGUES' said...

Thanks! We are so excited. Faith is definitely going to be the key throughout this pregnancy for sure.