Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bah Humbug! Emotional!

After my wonderful week at the Beau Rivage celebrating our "Halfway" mark, I've been totally emotional the past 2 weeks!

Week 21 -
Let's Cry on Valentine's Day Date Night, February 11th!

It was a great Valentine's week because my husband is so awesome and made it so special. He made reservations at a restaurant called, "Ely's" in Ridgeland. It was delicous. Maybe it was because I was hungry or maybe it was really good. All I know is that the seafood dip is now something I will use as a crutch "I'm craving, seafood dip from Ely's" a lot now, honey. =) And I am 100% sure I will get it too.

The morning of the big date night I went on a mission to find a hot red dress. Well, that was a mistake. I started picking up dress sizes I could normally wear. I marched into the dressing room and couldn't get half these dresses of my newly blossomed watermelons. I was really upset. In my mind, I kept thinking I looked fine, I hadn't gained to much weight, I'm still the same size. Well girls (never been preggo girls, like me until now), let me tell you -your body does change, I mean, of course you get a stomach and of course your chest gets bigger, but with all those little changes you have now gone up atleast 3 or 4 sizes just to accomadate them. It's shocking to say the least.


I finally found a dress that seemed to flatter my new figure. I got home and started getting ready. The whole time I kept crying. Crying crying crying.... one big cry baby. It was really ridiculous, I'd tell myself, stop crying you look fine but it didn't help. Marcos got home ready and excited for our date only to find me crying. I explain to him I went and tried on all these dresses and no of them fit me, and that it just wasn't fun. He just laughed and kept telling me I was being silly and that I looked "beautiful" of course. So, I finally got a grip of myself and tried to focus on my sweet husband, who had made plans for the night and that I needed to enjoy it, so I did.

February 12 - The snow storm!

It was so incredible to wake up to a white winter wonderland! That is exactly what it was! I put on my snow boots and made a day of it outside. It was great! I was feeling a lot better about the new me - maybe that was because I had a big ole jacket on and I really didn't care about what I looked like. =) That day didn't last long.

February 13 - A cry baby doesn't deserve to go to Chuck E Cheese -

My friend, Sara, had a birthday party planned for her little girl, Eden. She is the sweetest little girl ever! M and I just love her. During the weeks Sara and I hang out and I bring Audrey, my niece along, who is 4, to play and entertain Eden. They have a blast. Well, Friday night Audrey had told Marcos that she bought a barbie for Eden and wanted HIM to pick her up and take her to the Birthday party.

Saturday morning at 830AM, I get a phone call and it is Audrey, "I'm waiting for Marcos". Ha. So, we get up and get ready to take her to the party.

I tried to find something to wear which begins the crying session all over again. I cry and cry uncontrolably about how I have nothing to wear, I hate the cold and I feel like a giant marshmellow. Once again, M laughs at me and tells me I look super cute and he loves the pink shirt. I could care less about his opinion at this point because I am an official marshmellow. I put my makeup on crying. I walked to the car crying. M finally says, he'll take me to buy a shirt that that will make me not feel like a marshmellow. This news distracts and I start focusing on what it is that I would like to buy. We pick Audrey up and take her to Chuck E Cheese. M and Audrey had a blast. Actually M had the most fun winning 850 tickets for Audrey playing one game over and over again. My afternoon got better as I had forgotten about the whole morning and was hungry and ready for lunch and then what I'd eat for dinner. =) I never got a shirt that day, I had forgotten about it all.

Week 22 - Leaving a on a Jet Plane

Sunday and Monday I basically spent the entire day crying because my husband was leaving to Brazil. I couldn't sleep Sunday night, woke up at 4AM and sat in the living room crying as Sophi starred at me. It was ridiculous, I just can't help the crying. I seriously tried hard to breathe and not think about anything and smile, but it just keeps coming.

 Monday, M hated seeing me so upset, he even said he wouldn't go. But, I explained to him I was fine and that it was ok to go and I couldn't control my crying and he'd have to just ignore it that I would cry the entire way to the airport. And I did.

I'm not sure when the cyring spells will end, maybe it is that time of the month for me or something and that is why I acting so irrational. But, I do hope it goes away because my eyes are super tired and they've been burning now for like 4 days.

I've got a Dr. appointment tomorrow - Wednesday. I'm excited to hear Natalies, heart beat. Even though I feel her constantly and M got to feel her alot Sunday night before he left. He was excited about that.

I'm looking forward to week 23/24 hoping the tears will be away and my hubby will be back home!



Above is a photo of the "winnie
the pooh" room. It's been like that
since we moved in. We will be getting
rid of the pooh room and turning it
PINK!

3 comments:

The Trobough's said...

I cried a lot.....and it never got better for me! Every time I would look at the ultrasound pictures, I would get all weepy, then my shirt would be wet from my leaking through my bra. That was fun..... I think by the end of the pregnancy, the crying will stop because you will be too tired to cry!!!

Will and Carley said...

Bless your heart! And, in my opinion you are a super cute pregnant lady =)

Anonymous said...

When becoming tearful over your body adapting to this blessed pregnancy, I want you to remember the wonderful little miracle who is responsible for it.

Keep smiling! Soon, you're going to be holding a precious gift from God in your loving arms.

Love ya!