Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Natalie Kate Rodrigues!!

It's a GIRL!


We had our GENDER Party Thursday night and it was so incredible. Everyone showed up around 6:30PM in either their pink and blue. What's so funny is that most people called RSVPing that they'd be wearing their PINK but when they showed up they had on BLUE? LoL. When word got out that the majority were wearing PINK everyone decided at the last minute to change and wear blue b/c what if it was a boy?! =)

So, with that being said, we had the majority wearing BLUE and my mom, me, Leah and 1aunt & uncle wearing pink! We all ate pizza and I showed them the NOT finished baby room and things I had thus far in it. My oh so cool stroller and how it worked. By 7pm everyone was so anxious they wanted their cupcake!! Of course - so we got the cupcakes and started passing them out.

I announced the rules, No biting until you hear 3 - 1, 2, 3!!! And everyone screams, "IT'S A GIRL!" I was so excited! Over elated with excitment - I wanted a girl so bad! The night was simply perfect. I had one person explained to me, "This is the coolest idea because back in the old days you didn't know the sex of the baby until everyone who was at the hospital was gathered around and the daddy walked down the hallway and with his new baby and made the announcement, well, what I did was just like that but without a baby. Everyone was there and we all found out together just like the old days." So, I must say - that was a really cool idea and we will try somethng like that everytime. Maybe not cupcakes the next time but something cool and different.

We've named her:
Natalie Kate Rodrigues
Natalie: Christmas Child
              God's Gift of Joy
Psalms 9:2
I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will
sing praises to Your name, O Most High

Kate: Innocent
          Godly Example
Philippians 2:15
So that you will prove yourselves to be
blameless and innocent, children of God
above reproach.

I pray she will live up to the meaning of her name because the meaning of a name is so important! One thing is for sure she is a gift of JOY, especially to Marcos and I. The book that we used to name her is called, "The Name Book" by Dorothy Astoria and it gives you the inherent & spiritual meaning along with the scripture.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Jana, I adore this idea!!! What a great way for everyone to find out! I have a feeling several people with be "borrowing" this idea!! :) Congratulations again!!!

Will and Carley said...

LOVE her name!!
Congrats!!!