Wednesday, December 30, 2009

14 / 15 Weeks - Second Trimester!!

Merry Christmas!! Wait?! Christmas just passed, it has been a super busy month with shopping, cleaning and cooking and day dreaming of baby. =) I hope you had a very Merry Christmas.

I had Marcos, my husband, home this Christmas and I really appreciated it. Last year, I thought it would be fine for him to go see his parents in Brazil for Christmas and I'd stay here. It was a really hard thing to do. At first it didn't bother me, well the idea of him leaving, but once he was gone it was just bad. Marcos is literally my best friend, the love of my life and he wasn't celebrating Christmas with me. I thought deep down that this would be a good lesson for him, for him to realize that it was stupidest idea ever to be separated at Christmas. I'm still not sure how he feels about it because I know he never gets to see him family and I see mine almost every day if  not 2xs a day. I know I couldn't do it though, but I don't think he'd think twice about going back to Brazil to spend Christmas with his family and leaving me here in MS with my family.


(Cutest Ornament EVER! Thanks Mom!)

Speaking of family, this is when the issue gets tricky. I'm trying to explain to him that we, as in ME & HIM are a family now. I don't think he gets it quite yet but maybe this baby thing will open his eyes some to see what I see. Or maybe I am just being selfish... who knows?!

At 14 weeks, nothing was to exciting. I was hoping to find out the gender of this baby, but Shiloh just wouldn't cooperate. I am really concentrating on my weight. In the first trimester you should only gain about 5lbs, and I was trying my best to do that. I really think it is unneccessary to gain sooo much weight do to over eating. Don't get me wrong, I definitley over ate for Thanksgiving and Christmas but now it's over and I can stay focused. Every  morning I try and eat a banana and yogurt. The text books say that a baby only needs 300 extra calories a day, so eating that every morning I have taken care of my baby for that day. Then, I go about my day eating and doing things I'd normally do on a normal basis. I have a friend, Kristy (shoutout to you sista) and she is preggo with baby #2 and I saw her at 18 weeks and she barely looked pregnant. She was tiny, and still in her old jeans. It was a real reality check to me after seeing her and reading books that if your small you are less likely to show until your 5 or 6 month. Sometimes I look big, but that is due to bloating or water retention one day. I'll get on the scale and flip out that i gained 5lbs over night but then the next day i'm back to my normal weight, it's mind boggling but reassuring to know it techincally wasn't me.



Today marks, 15 weeks. on Monday we got to see baby Shiloh and baby was very active, kept sucking it's little thumb too! That was soo cool to see and watch. We couldn't get baby to cooperate with us so we could tell if it was a Natalie or an Asher but hopefully soon we will know. This week is NEW YEARS and we have plans to spend it at my brothers house, cooking out steaks and playing games - family fun! =) New years day we are packed up and headed to Dallas Cowboy Stadium where we will celebrate my 26th birthday and watch Rebels play OSU. My best friend from college who lives in TX will be coming to celebrate with us and bringing her fianance, Dale. I met him back in September (a trip I will never forget because I wasn't goign to go because I knew I was ovulating and I didn't want to miss the day, which I thought was a Sunday the day I'd been on the airplane all day - but I guess I was wrong, maybe it was Monday ;) Ha ) I'm really excited about going to Dallas and seeing my friend and spending my birthday w/ Marcos, Nicole and baby!



Well, that's it. I'm tired of typing and want to take a nap! I hope you all have a Happy Happy New Year - and May God reveal himself to you in a MIGHTY way in 2010!

Much love,
Jana

2 comments:

The Trobough's said...

I never thought to tape the ultrasound!!! Way to go!! Thanks for sharing :) Good for you for watching your weight gain...but let yourself indulge in many treats during pregnancy! If you were in shape before pregnancy, you should bounce right back!! And nursing helps too!!

Cintia Listenbee said...

Happy new years to you guys!!!